Since its creation in 2004, the PCDS has built a large membership of healthcare professionals working in primary care diabetes, run numerous highly successful educational conferences, played a role in the development of various toolkits and other healthcare initiatives, and worked in liaison with other professional groups and in lobbying politicians.
PCDS Committee posts are elected on a 3-yearly basis, with the cycles staggered across the representatives. The Committee is always interested to hear from Society members who are seeking to take a more active role, and one way in which this can be achieved is via membership of the Committee. Elected members generously give their own time. Much of the work is done by email, but there are approximately four Committee meetings each year, typically held on Saturdays in Birmingham with preparatory meetings on the Friday evening.
How to stand for election to the PCDS Committee
To stand for election, please submit a resumé of up to 150 words to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a recent photograph, both of which will be published in the next issue of this journal in the list of candidates. Please also note the following points:
- You must be a current member of the PCDS who is involved in the professional care of people with diabetes in a primary care setting.
- Your proposal needs to be supported by another PCDS member.
- The deadline for submitting your resumé is Monday 22 September.
- The Committee’s constitution seeks to ensure a balance between clinicians from medicine, nursing and allied professions and also some geographical balance.
Voting will take place, and results announced, at the 10th National Conference of the PCDS, which is being held in Birmingham on 20–21 November.
Call for posters
10th National Conference of the PCDS
- The deadline for poster submissions is 3 October
- To submit a poster abstract, please visit: http://bit.ly/1mI4fZ3
- Abstracts of accepted posters will be published in a special supplement
- For further details, please email: email@example.com
The poster component of the conference is supported by Novo Nordisk