The constitution of the PCDS states that:
“The role of the Society is to contribute actively to discussion on diabetes issues at national level.”
The committee of the PCDS intends to create a post that will involve increasing the influence and impact of the Society with, but not exclusively:
- NHS and NHS Diabetes.
- Political parties.
- Diabetes UK and other third sector organisations.
- Academic bodies.
- Other professional organisations and patient groups.
This may be achieved by promoting and supporting:
- Increased corporacy.
- Enhanced publicity.
- Improved and more proactive public relations.
- Delivery of consistent messages.
- New opportunities.
- Engagement with our members about policy and advocacy.
We are looking for someone with these assets:
- A keen committed healthcare professional.
- An excellent communicator.
- A visionary.
- Someone who believes in raising the bar for primary care diabetes.
If you are a PCDS member and are able to commit to one session (half a day per week, which may need to be flexible) and have a wide knowledge and experience of diabetes practice in primary care, along with evidence of having influenced diabetes care delivery, we will provide good remuneration and travel expenses and the opportunity to work with a dedicated group of professionals in a supportive and enjoyable environment.
For more information or an informal chat, please contact David Millar-Jones (email@example.com), Brian Karet (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Martin Hadley-Brown (email@example.com). Also please look at our website www.pcdsociety.org.
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please forward a statement (a maximum of 300 words) explaining why you would be suitable for the role to Claire Holt (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include the names of two referees.
The closing date for applications is 11 January 2013